Computer Science & Engineering
Why Coumputer Science & Engineering in RITEE ?
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is an integral part of Raipur Institute of Technology, Raipur, which aims at bringing out the technical and inherent talents of the young and budding Engineers. The Department was established in the academic year 1999 offering a 4 year undergraduate program with an annual intake of 90. The department is also successfully running 2 Post Graduate Programs in Computer Science and Engineering and Software Engineering since 2008.
Computer Sc. & Engineering is the most sought-after branch for the selected students that come to the Institute. Our graduates have distinguished themselves in higher studies at the top Universities. They also occupy positions of eminence in the computer industry. Our Alumni remain in constant touch with us and are contributing in the development of the department. Placements for our graduates are the best in the Institute. The faculty members of the department have global experience and training. The departmental research is focused in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Parallel Processing, Software Engineering, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Medical Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Data mining and Web mining, Biometrics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, and Information Extraction. The department has all the facilities to carry out the related teaching and research work. The Department enthusiastically supports and initiatives students to create intellectual communities that extend beyond the classroom, and we encourage students at all levels to take advantage of the programs offered at the global level.
The department's goal is to advance, evolve and enhance Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals to build the intellectual capital of research and students. The CSE Department Endeavour's to be an important regional, national, and international resource center for the development of Computing, IT and Software systems and applications.
- Department is among one of the most stable department of this institute, more than 70% faculties of the department are working more than 6 years.
- Successfully running Post Graduate Programs in Computer Science and Engineering since 2008.
- Providing Good environment for research work, more than near about 30 to 50 research papers are being published in different journals in every academic year by the faculties and M. Tech. students.
- Being the 1st IBM center of excellence in Chhattisgarh state.
- Successfully running the IBM center of excellence since 2009, to fill-up the gap between institution and industry need.
- Qualified and experienced faculty members.
- Fully furnished computer laboratories with high end computer systems.
- Latest system and application software.
- Excellent track record in placement.
- For overall development conduction of mock interviews for students.
- Excellent performance in university examinations, GATE.
- Strong alumni network
Vision : To be a Center of Excellence in providing globally Quality Education and Consultation in the field of Computer Science and Engineering and to prepare Globally Competitive and Self-disciplined Computer Engineers.
Mission: Our mission is to impart an excellent and contemporary education through periodically updated curriculum, best-of-breed laboratory facilities in all computer related fields to produce globally competent, qualified computer professionals and collaborative ventures with industries and effective teaching-learning process and to inculcate the spirit of moral values to give contribution in process of transformation from Developing India To Developed India and to make the students good citizens of India .
List of Key Faculty Members
|Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification||Experience|
|Dr. Sanjivani Shantaiya||HOD, Associate Prof.||Ph. D., M. Tech. (CSE). BE(CSE)||13 Years|
|Mr. Avinash Dhole||Assistant Professor||Ph. D. (P), M. Tech. , B. E.||13 Years|
|Mr. Ram Nivas Giri||Assistant Professor||M. Tech. , B. E.,||10 years|
|Mr. Yogesh Rathore||Assistant Professor||M. Tech., B. E., MBA (HR)||11 years|
|Mr. Prabhakar Sharma||Assistant Professor||M. Tech. , B. E.,||11 years|
|Ms. Shahana Qureshi||Assistant Professor||M. Tech. , B. E.,||8 years|
|Mr. Abhishek Saw||Lecturer||M. Tech.(P), B. E.,||2 Years|
|Mr. Naveen Mandal||Lecturer||M. Tech.(P), B. E.,||1 Year|
|Ms. Pallavi Chandrakar||Lecturer||M. Tech.(P), B. E.,||1 Year|
Scope of Computer Science & Engineering Branch
- This branch offers highest paying job in IT industries and is full of opportunities in Government sector as well as private sector.
- This is really an excellent field to have opportunities both in software companies and higher studies.
- As computing is extensively applied to almost every walk of life it created massive jobs for Computer Engineering students.
- On the same time more demand and application kept it research funding alive attracting many students to opt for higher studies.
- The good thing about B.E./B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering program is that it also allows one to remain self employed. One may start one's own programming and software development venture and remain self employed!
Look what surveys are saying about the future scope of branch:
Some National and Multinational Companies who offers Job to Computer Science graduates:
Current scenario of the Industry
Booming IT sector in India has plenty of jobs for fresh computer science graduates. Candidates from top notch engineering colleges however get attractive job offers from MNC IT companies in comparison to not so know engineering colleges. Additionally, candidates with high percentage of mark and good communication skills as well as sound computer knowledge do not face problem in getting a job whether they are from a reputed engineering college or not. Computer engineers can get jobs in not-IT companies like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, commercial organization and the manufacturing sector, etc.
Besides the computer engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies i9n departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. Working as programmer, web developer, and E-commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies, etc. can be a lucrative career option as well. Moreover, numerous national and multi-national computer manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development t companies computer networking companies, software development companies, etc. require computer professionals in large numbers.
It is attraction of higher salaries in IT sector which urges youngsters to opt for a course in computer science. In comparison to other sector, computer science graduates fetch higher salaries from INR 15,000 – 25,000 in the beginning. After gaining +2 years of work experience, they can get a salary of INR 40000. Candidates who get opportunities to work in overseas project get numerous benefits and incentives which may even go to sis figures. However, the salary depends a lot upon some factors such as the state of the industry, work experience, qualifications and ability of the candidate, etc. amongst others. Computer science graduates who are in teaching can fetch a salary of INR 20000 plus demess allowances and other benefits.
Demand and Supply
True to its global reputation, the Indian IT sector has lots of scope in terms of growth in employment opportunities. A huge requirement of trained IT engineers is expected in next couple of years. While according to NASSCOM, the Indian IT exports are expected to expand to the tune of US$ 175 billion by 2020 and the domestic sector will account for US$ 50 billion in terms of earnings. Similarly, a huge quantum of profit is expected from the export and domestic IT sector which would be worth US$ 225 billion.
Widening scope for computer science professionals can be prophesied from the fact that after the recession is over, new jobs would come in large numbers in IT sector. Moreover, with low service cost Indian IT companies have leverage over IT companies in the USA, Canada, and Australia. The low cost Indian IT service attract lot more business even during recession as companies in developed nations try to reduce their production cost and outsource their IT work to Indian IT firms.
IT sector can truly be considered a global career in terms of its wide scope of professionals. India has been one of the leading exporters of IT talent and Indian computer engineers have played major role in the growth and development of IT sector in the USA, UK, Australia, and Canada. Numbers of employment opportunities are waiting for Indian computer professionals in these countries. Some new avenues too are being opened for Indian computer professionals in Dubai, Singapore, Bangkok, etc. Thanks to global demand for IT services, which is around USD $ 70 trillion for many new and exciting international careers are opened up for computer professionals.
Different Roles, Different Names
- Software Developers: Software developers are professionals who are concerned with facets of the software development process which involves activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
- Hardware Engineers: These professionals do research, design, develop, test and oversee the installation of computer hardware which inter alia includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
- System Designer: Professionals involved in system designing, Logical and Physical Designing wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure and characteristics such as output, input, files database & procedures, etc.
- System Analyst: Computer engineers who work as systems analyst do research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
- Networking Engineers: Networking engineers are computer professionals involved in designing, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer networks.
- DBA: DBA or Database Administrator are the professionals who are bestowed with the job to design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization’s database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in IT sector.
Different Fields where Computer graduates can see their future:
- Freelance Work
- Programmer and Analyst
- Private Commercial Companies
- Private Industrial Companies
- Software Production Companies
- Technical Consultancy
- Computer Auditing
- Artificial Intelligence and new Technologies Analysis,
- Computer Management and Development Department
- Training and Teaching
Course available in UG
B.E. Computer Science & Engg.
Admission in B.E.
Admission is through Counseling Conducted by Chhattisgarh Directorate of Technical Education (CGDTE) Govt. of Chhattisgarh on The Basis of Chhattisgarh PET or JEE Main Score.
Course available in PG
M.Tech. Computer Science & Engg.
M.tech Software Engineering
Admission in ME / MTech
Admission is through Counseling Conducted by Chhattisgarh Directorate of Technical Education (CGDTE) Govt. of Chhattisgarh on The Basis of GATE / Sponsored Score or Merit Basis.
Approval and Affiliation
The Raipur Institute of Technology is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, New Delhi for all the courses mentioned above. The institute is affiliated to Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai (C.G.), the state technical university established by Govt. of Chhattisgarh for all technical courses of the state.